The Girl Effect Blogging Campaign is a collaborative effort of hundreds of bloggers coming together to write about The Girl Effect during the week of October 4th-11th, 2011. Thanks for being a part of it! Here’s what to do next:
1. Write Your Post
Hmmm….what should I write my post about?
Visit the Girl Effect website, where you can learn about the issues.
Here are some ideas for your post:
- Start by posting one of the six Girl Effect videos along with your reflections on it
- You can use some sobering stats from the website
- Write about how you see the responsibility of the developed world to support the developing world, or how you see your own personal responsibility
- Write about action you’ll take to take to make a difference
- Post related photography, art or poetry
- Focus on one specific issue related to the Girl Effect: girl’s education, AIDS in the developing world, child marriage, child prostitution, domestic violence, population growth, philanthropy, entrepreneurship, microfinance, global poverty, human rights.
What if I don’t feel qualified or know enough to write about this?
You do NOT have to be an expert to participate in the campaign. The campaign is about bloggers from all different fields writing about The Girl Effect ideas- sharing personal reactions, stories from your own experiences, questions, reflections. You do not need to be an expert on these issues!
Important Details For Publishing Your Post:
- Publish your post at your blog.
- In your post, invite your readers to write their own Girl Effect blog posts – during the week of October 4-11. Include a link to this page ( http://www.taramohr.com/girleffectposts/ ) so that your readers can see the other Girl Effect posts and add their own
- If you’d like, you can use this handy page from The Girl Effect Website that has logos, banners, and code that allows you to easily embed a Girl Effect videos in your post.
2. Connect up to the campaign! Enter the URL for your post at THIS WEBPAGE, so others can read it.
3. Recruit Other Bloggers To Write a Post
Help spread the word and encourage other bloggers to join. Here are some ways to do that:
A. Post one of these badges on your site, linking them to www.taramohr.com/joinus
B. Post this link to Facebook or Twitter where others can sign up to the campaign (www.taramohr.com/joinus)
C. Send an email to other bloggers in your network inviting them to participate.
4. Read, Comment, Get Inspired & Enjoy the posts
VISIT HEREto read other posts, comment, connect with other girl effect bloggers and have a great dialog.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you so much for lending your voice and your blogging platform to this crucial effort.